The cloud-based file sharing industry has expanded exponentially over the past decade, and it’s primed to grow even bigger as more and more businesses convert partially or entirely to cloud-based storage and sharing.
For example, consider these cloud computing statistics from the site Techjury.net:
- 81% of enterprises have a multi-cloud strategy already laid out or in the works.
- 67% of enterprise infrastructure is cloud-based.
- Additionally, 82% of the workload will reside on the cloud.
- As a result, more than 40 zettabytes of data will be flowing through cloud servers and networks.
Cloud-based file sharing has become even more popular and even life-saving during the COVID-19 pandemic.
The impact of the novel COVID-19 has created many new challenges, and many of us have had to adopt new ways of working. With the need for accessing […] critical applications and the scalability of the infrastructure, cloud computing is emerging as an underlying technology. The cloud technology had a major role in fighting the epidemic; it becomes a salvation for governments and organizations in numerous fields of life, education, health, industry, communication, remote surveillance, and more information.
The Main Benefit of Cloud-Based File Sharing
The main benefit of cloud-based file sharing is accessibility. Cloud-based file sharing allows users to access their files from anywhere in the world, as long as they have an internet connection. This is especially beneficial for businesses with employees who work remotely or travel often.
Cloud-based file sharing also makes it easy to share files with others, vastly improving your ability to work together with colleagues even if you are all in different locations. For example, you can simply send them a link to the file instead of having to download it to your device and then attach it to an email.
Also, by sending a link instead of a file, you can ensure that everyone is working off of the latest version of the document instead of having multiple versions floating around that may or may not contain updated content. This helps keep everyone on the same page and prevents costly mistakes due to insufficient information and deadline delays.
How is Cloud-Based File Sharing Secure?
Accessibility is a primary benefit of cloud-based file sharing, security is another benefit. When files are stored in the cloud, they are encrypted and can only be accessed by authorized users, which means that your files are safe from hackers and other unauthorized users.
In addition, cloud-based file sharing allows you to control who has access to your files and what they can do with them. For example, you can give different users different levels of access to your files so that some users can only view them while others can edit them. This is known as granular access control.
How to Get Started with Cloud-Based File Sharing
There’s no denying that the cloud has become an integral part of our lives, especially when it comes to our business relationships. If you’re collaborating on a working document with remote colleagues, cloud-based file sharing is definitely the way to go.
So how do you get started?
The first step is deciding which cloud-based file-sharing service you want to use. There are a lot of options out there, so how do you know which one is right for you?
Think about what you need from a file-sharing service. Features that are important for any user, but especially for those in the business world, are:
- User-friendly. You want a cloud-based file sharing service that is easy to get up and running and easy to use for all employees, from newbies to seasoned pros. You also want a platform that is easy to use with your existing business software.
- Compliant. You want a cloud-based file sharing service that will help you get into compliance or remain compliant with the relevant regulatory statutes for your industry (e.g., HIPAA or FINRA).
- Secure. As stated above, you want to ensure that the cloud-based file sharing service you select has top-notch security that will keep sensitive data protected from unauthorized access and cyber-attacks.
Since Go Find It’s document management software has all of the above features plus many more, the second step is to contact us to schedule a demo! Let us show you how our cloud-based file sharing and storage software can benefit your business!